Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to our guests, we are committed to excellence. The following is a list of frequently asked questions by our guests. If these questions promote additional questions, please ask. There is never a silly question. Our goal is to make you well informed and your stay as comfortable and care-free as possible.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
In the event of unexpected circumstances, we understand that you may have to cancel your reservation. A full refund (minus 10% chargeback fee) will be issued if your reservation is canceled (for any reason) before 15 days of your stay. If you cancel within 14 days of the reservation, you will not be issued a refund. However, we will hold your funds in an account for 1 full year from the original date of booking. This can be applied to a future reservation within that year. No credits will be given for late arrivals or early departures.
- No refunds or deposits will be refunded or granted upon, once you start the program, during and/or after arrival. If an issue arises during your stay, our team and the hotel staff will work to the best of our ability to provide you with 100% customer satisfaction.
- By submitting partial or full payment towards your stay, you agree to the cancellation policy terms.
Q: What would I do to optimally prepare for fasting prior to arrival?
Reduce your intake of all habitual and addictive substances 1 to 2 weeks before fasting. The more you reduce the garbage that you intake the easier the fast will be on you and your body. So gradually stop drinking alcohol and try to cut down on or stop smoking entirely.
For those who choose our water fasting program, please submit in advance your current blood work for our medical director to review and approve.
This procedure will reduce any potential withdrawal symptoms you may experience during the fasting process, as well as reduce the toxins in your body that the fast is going to work to eliminate.
- Habitual and addictive substances include alcohol; caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and soda; cigarettes, or cigars
Alter your diet 1 to 2 weeks before fasting. As with removing addictive substances, you’re going to need to make a difference in your diet so that your body won’t have to work as hard to get rid of the toxins and bad substances that are so a part of eating these days.
- A good way to ease into this is to eliminate a few things a day (refined sugar products in the first couple days, meat in the next couple, and then dairy, etc.).
- Reduce your intake of chocolate and other foods that contain refined sugar and are high in fat, like sodas, chocolate, candy, and baked goods.
- Eat smaller portions of meals so that your digestive system doesn't have to work as hard, and so that your body starts to become accustomed to operating on fewer calories than it usually does.
- Reduce your intake of meats and dairy products, because these can clog up your system and are harder for your body to digest.
- Eat increased portions of cooked or raw fruits and vegetables. These will help your process better and have fewer toxins that it wants to get rid of. Limit your diet 1 to 2 days before fasting. This is when you really want to make sure that your body is prepared and this is why people can’t just jump into a fast without preparing ahead of time (or if they do, they have a much harder time during the fast itself).
- Eat only fruit and vegetables, because they will cleanse and detoxify your body in preparation for the fasting period. *If possible, we also highly recommend hydro colon therapy prior to your fast. This will help improve your routes of elimination.
Q: What are the requirements for water fasting?
In order to water fast on the Balance For Life Program, the following lab reports must be provided in advance:
- CBC with Differential
- Complete metabolic profile ( including Creatinine and GFR)
- Complete Lipid profile
- Thyroid profile and hs or cardiac CRP
- All blood work must be recent, within two months, prior to coming to our retreat.
Please email blood work to sharonw@balanceforlifeflorida.
Q: What should I pack?
A: Beach attire. After booking, you should receive an email giving you more assistance with “What to Pack and Last Minute Reminders.”
Q: What type of water is BFL using?
Q: When I arrive, where do I go to receive my food or juice?
A: Patio Bar and Grill is a full-service restaurant for the entire hotel. However, Juice for our guest is picked up by the guest, daily, at 8 am. Plant based eaters are free to enjoy their meals in the Patio Bar (Breakfast 8 AM, Lunch 12 pm, Dinner 5 PM) or request their meal to go. There is no room service available at this time.
Q: I’m here now, what am I supposed to do?
A: Take a deep breath and relax. You should receive a bag upon Before your arrival you should have received a call notifying you about an orientation time. That is the first activity of the retreat.
Q: Where do we meet for classes?
A: Although our classes are hosted at several different locations in the hotel, please arrive at the Poinciana Room at designated times for activities. Staff will direct you on what to do next.
Q: What do I do with my free time?
A: Balance for Life is a unique experience for each individual. While some may want to enjoy the beach others may enjoy resting in their room (journaling, self-reflecting, ect) and some may want to tour the beautiful south Florida area. If you find yourself looking for excursions/activities to engage in during your free time, please ask our staff members to provide you with BFL approved recommendations.
Q: What to expect during my detox?
A: Detox, is an individual experience. In your orientation, we will discuss common detox symptoms. If there are any questions that you may have about detoxing, please address these concerns with our Medical Director.
Q: What if I want to switch my protocol (water, juice, Plant based SOS) while I am at BFL?
A: A 24-hour email notification is required to switch any protocol.
Q: What do I do when I drive up to the hotel?
A: When you arrive, drive to the hotel main entrance and let the valet know you’re a Balance For Life guest. They will take your bags and bring them to the front desk for you. You can go into the hotel where you check-in and let the front desk know you are a Balance For Life guest. They will hold your bags and give you a parking pass. After checking-in you can then drive your car to the hotel’s secured parking lot.
Q: How do I get from the airport to Balance For Life?
A: Balance For Life is in the Wyndham Hotel at 2096 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL.
Car Service: Boca Premiere
Contact: Bolivar 561-506-0764
Your Driver: Michael 561-396-5147
Please be sure to contact the service a minimum of 72 hours in advance to reserve your ride.