Our Scrumptious Cuisine
We only use the highest quality organic ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible.
Eating healthy plant-based foods helps lower our risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and other diseases common to our western civilization.
There are many reasons to eat healthy, not as a temporary diet but as a long-term lifestyle solution that will provide the necessary nutrients your body needs to create new cells, eliminate toxins, and optimize your immune system every day!
At Balance for Life Retreat our food is prepared by experienced chefs so our Spa Cuisine is a well-balanced approach to nutrition. We provide a well-rounded, diverse food plan that consists of three meals, without snacks and beverages. The varied menus are balanced, with special attention to good fats found only in whole foods needed to fuel an active mind and body.
Our meals are inspired by an abundance of fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds – gluten -free and without added salt, sugar, bottled or cooked oils and toxic chemicals of any kind.
Spa Cuisine Menu
- Gluten Free Oatmeal with apples and seasonal berries
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit Bowl
- Green Smoothie ( kale, spinach, pineapples, berries, hemp or chia seeds) (on request)
Staple Salad bar items are:
- Romaine lettuce and mixed greens
- Grated carrots or beets
- Sliced red, yellow and orange peppers
- Sunflower &/or snow pea sprouts
- Avocados when available
- Garbanzo &/or red kidney beans &/or edamame beans
- walnuts or sunflower seeds
Specialty Gourmet Raw Vegan Salad Items
- Walnut Mock Tuna Salad
- Cauliflower egg salad
- Green apple, beet strawberry salad
- Cucumber zucchini potato salad (no potatoes)
- Black bean corn salad
- Quinoa tabbouleh
- Date-Mustard dressing
- Thai peanut dressing
- Thousand Island
- Quinoa Risotto with spinach and mushrooms
- Lemon roasted brussel sprouts
- baked baby sweet potatoes
- Vegan macaroni and cheese quinoa and rice elbow pasta with broccoli, red and yellow peppers, cashew cheese sauce
- Roasted lemon-peppered baby asparagus
- Channa Masala Classic Southern Indian vegan garbanzo bean casserole
- Brown basmati rice
- Sauteed broccoli and cauliflower
- Walnut Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- Sauteed collard greens and kale
- Lemon parsley roasted baby yukon gold potatoes
- Eggplant Rollatini Italian classic, eggplant rolled and stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, pine nuts and organic tofu ricotta cheese and baked with grated cashew coconut cheese and homemade marinara sauce.
- Shaved fennel salad with fresh basil and roasted red peppers
- Savory Cuban Black Beans
- Cilantro lime brown basmati rice
- Baked sweet plantains
- Steamed lemon peppered broccoli and bok choy
- Soup, Salad Baked Potatoes
One of several soups:
- Lentil Three bean soup
- Corn Chowder
- Dr Franks Tuscan Veggie Soup
- Mixed Chefs Salad
- Baked Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes
All food items are organic whenever possible. All meals are gluten-free non-SOS ( without any added salt, oil, or sugar). Meals are served buffet style. This eliminates any need or interest in between meal or night snack eating. This also allows a 13 hour fast between dinner and breakfast which promotes optimal weight loss.